Saturday, March 15, 2014

People! Phew! People!

Most confusing species God created - "People"

A dog is loyal.
A cat is selfish.
A lion likes to dominate.
A rat likes to scavenge.
A fox is cunning.
A cow is giving.

But, what do people do? What is their fundamental nature? How do you define human nature? Is there anything, any one emotion, one single feeling or trait that defines this race called "people"?

I have come to the conclusion there isn't. "People" are a culmination of all the traits in the jungle kingdom. The worry is, increasingly people are veering more and more towards the negative traits of our animal friends.

I believe in karma, I believe what goes around comes around. Do we see it coming around, instantaneously from the same source? In most situations, no. But it happens. It does. Yes, in the same lifetime.

But, more and more people are acting in that sheer emotion of getting ahead, without sparing a thought about the consequences. Friendships are being trampled upon in that frenzy, and surprisingly nobody seems to think it is wrong.

I do not wish to preach. That is not the intention at all. I am far from perfect myself, but it pains me when you can't trust "People" anymore. Where is that fundamental human goodness that we are often asked to appeal to? I haven't seen it in a long long while:( I seek it desperately.

God, show me that sign I am seeking as I believe in you.

5 comments:

  1. That "fundamental human goodness" has to come from within and unfortunately very few have that in built trait.
    A sad situation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true. That is the only way. It can't be taught, it can't be enforced. It needs to be a self generated trait

    ReplyDelete
  3. Human Goodness as a trait has become a rarity these days perhaps because very few people have a conscience. At the end of the day, it’s upto every individual to decide what’s right and what’s wrong. However no wrong deed ever goes unpunished, for that dreaded little thing called ‘karma’ is lurking just around the corner. And it will exact its revenge. It’s only a matter of ‘when’.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I am not sure if it is about Karma extracting revenge. I really don't perceive Karma as evil, it is more a leveller than anything else and a good one at that:) Conscience , yes, I agree it needs an awakening.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes - in the mad race to nowhere, people are forgetting the basic values of kindness, loyalty and integrity!

    ReplyDelete