Sunday, November 7, 2010

Shalom!

Sundays are generally super lazy. It's the day when even God decided to rest. Sabbath.

Wake up at a leisurely pace. Head for a nice long drive stopping en route Madras Cafe or Mysore Cafe for super piping "dabra coffee" and set dosa with white butter. Yumilicious!

Today was no different. A little boy with a bugle in his hand was playing it loud and clear and off key for our brunch enjoyment. His parents were squirming and looked visibly embarrassed yet proud at the same time. You know the " oh my poor little brilliant child" look that parents generally have:)

Suddenly, something really funny caught my eye. The bugle boy's t-shirt.

"I have my dad's looks and my mom's brains" it read!

An MCP would say "that explains the behaviour"

A feminist would say "that's great. Is already showing signs of genius"

For me, I was just tickled. My funny bone was laughing its marrow out.

Great start to a Sunday funday I say!

2 comments:

  1. I thoroughly enjoyed this line - "For me, I was just tickled. My funny bone was laughing its marrow out."
    I think we should meet at Madras Cafe on a Sunday. Yumilicious meet it would me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Iyer Sir: Thanks so much! Would love to catch up with you at Madras Cafe. Do let me know of your availability. My namaskaras to all at home.

    ReplyDelete