Monday, November 30, 2009

Monday morning blues

Its true...it happens...to all of us...

I hate Mondays...Sundays are so not enough to gain enough respite and energy to start afresh on the next day.

I have been sort of off colour all week through. I know its a phase and this too shall pass , still its an annoying gnawing feeling that refuses to leave me alone. It feels like a wet blanket on my head. I cant seem to shrug it off. I guess I shall do the next best thing...leave it alone. Let it deal with itself and go when it feels like it :(

I saw this crazy movie " new in town ". Sort of reminded me of my days in a new city all by myself with no one to call my own. Seriously recommended therapy to totally toughen you up. Coz I most certainly did come back transformed into a brave new independent soul.

I am back to reading Mary Higgins Clark. Just takes you totally off reality for a bit. The characters and the settings are pretty much similar across stories but the mystery bit is thrilling.

I am done watching 3 seasons of " How I met your mother". Its the best thing thats happened to me after " Friends". Hilarious.

I was honoured to have met a very wonderful elderly person yesterday. She was so charming and warm. She totally made my day when she commented on the slight puff sleeves on my tee delightedly and exclaimed " We used to wear puff sleeve Bengali style blouses during our times. It was a fashion rage. See its back in vogue now!"

The reminder of this little rendezvous just put a smile on my face. I am happy again:)




4 comments:

  1. A well written post. I also used to have the Monday morning blues despite Saturday and Sunday being off. In AP, I rare to go.
    Thanks a lot for mentioning my mother in your blog' Yeah! she too appeared very cute to me when mentioning that old times have returned. You already have my mom's blessings. May God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Sir...it means a lot to me

    ReplyDelete
  3. friends n how i met your mother... my favs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @shaiz: thanks for visiting...do u watch two and a half men?

    ReplyDelete