Thursday, September 17, 2009

We have no time to stand and stare...


Sabbath - the day that even God ordained as the day to put your feet up in the air and rest.

Tuck into bed quickly on Saturday night, so that I can wake up early in the morning to the sounds of the chirping birds, the feel of the dewy mist in the grass, the sweet unpolluted air, the vision of a spectacular sunrise.

It’s just 6:30 a.m. I have an entire day to myself.

Shall head back home and prepare myself a yummy feast of hot cocoa, rava upma and tomato onion chutney.

I shall read the paper along with all the “crap gossip “columns “(which we all enjoy by the way!) page to page.

Shall steam and oil my tresses, have a lovely leisurely Cleopatra bath with lavender oil and bath salts.

Slipping into a pair of baggy cargos and a light tee and osho chappals, I am now headed towards Cinemax to catch the latest flick, matinee show hai boss!

Plonking myself on the back aisle seat, I shall enjoy the flick with lovely caramel popcorn to go with it.

Hop into the AC bus and get off at town.

Destination one would be: NCPA in order to pick up tickets for the evening show of the play that I have been dying to watch.

Destination two: Head straight to Status and have yummy Gujju thali. (After a year in Gujarat such cravings are but natural)

Destination three: Head to Prince of Wales Museum

Destination four: Grab a couple of books from Asiatic library, settle down under its huge white high ceiling fans for a leisurely read.

Destination five: Meet up with the gang at Colaba Causeway. Scrounge, haggle and load myself with lots of colourful knick knacks.

Destination six: Head to Marine Drive, and watch the sun go down into the lovely Arabian sea.

Destination seven : Lovely walk to NCPA and rush in as the doors are shutting in.

Destination eight : Not just Jazz by the way , indulge in some karaoke , good food , awesome view of the starry night and the waters below.

Destination nine: Head back home by our local lifeline – Trains. We talk our heads of , finally get off wave good bye and reach home.

Sleep and happily tired, I snuggle into bed with my favourite book, soothing music and waft off into a beautiful dreamy land siesta.

Sunday – where art thou?


2 comments:

  1. That's extremely well written and a beautiful flow. Enjoyed reading your post, and nice to notice that you had a splendid Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sir. I have been reading your posts. They are simply awesome.Wish you a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete