Saturday, March 22, 2014

Whatte Coincidence!


I was taking a walk through the bylanes of Pali Hill, admiring all the little cafes and chic hangouts. The old heritage homes are picture worthy and retain a sense of quaint charm around them. My favourite bit is the names of the places - so European in every sense including the thoughtfully done up window displays.

I stopped at one of my favourite eateries - The Yoga Cafe. Absolutely love the place - the food, the decor, the ambience. The menu is so wonderfully, well, just wonderful:) I love the lemongrass growing in the vegetable baskets and the bouganvillas creeping up the criss cross windows. I find it adorable that they serve salt and pepper strewn on the plate and not in shakers. It just makes my heart beat lightly and gleefully. My favourite bit is the mediterannean green walls with the anglicised white on the walls. Sigh! I am hopelessly in love.

As I was navigating through the traffic back home, I was stuck behind a Honda Brio for quite a bit and its backless frame had me amused. It stayed on mind all the way home. I settled on the couch for some TV time, when I caught the Nivea Whitening ad showcasing Anushka with a 14 day promise of going "backless"



 

Now, isn't that something - a car and a whitening lotion both going backless. I am tickled for sure. Do write back with more such similarities between non - related segments.

3 comments:

  1. Love the way you have described the cafe. Sounds idyllic. Never been there but wouldn’t mind visiting it. My personal favourites are the little coffee shops scattered around Matunga. They make the best filter coffee :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed reading this

    ReplyDelete