Monday, August 16, 2010

Brand New Day!



It's  been a long long time since I last visited my space here...I missed this space and the freedom of expression and thought that it offers.


It was heartening to note that my posts were being missed! Thank you.


News update : My write - up on the "bindi" was published on the website of a renowned market research agency in Mumbai. Check it out - https://www.lumieresolutions.com/Blog/file.axd?file=Bindi+Blog+Final.pdf


Life has changed in more ways than one. I moved back to my hometown Mumbai. I love this city...a true blue Mumbaikar as is evident!


I got hitched and its been an interesting and crazy journey so far!


What we take for granted all our lives , is, suddenly such a big deal.


 Moving home , setting it up , running it is no meagre deal. Its like brand building.


 It needs a sound mind to effectively handle the new brand that we are creating , give it attributes , a personality , an identity and a strong powerful entity.


 It also involves financial mastery. An IT background could help. Oh yes , how could I forget the logistics and supply chain? Running a home requires 360 management ability. You are the CEO and you are in charge.


I have spent quality time catching up on all the reading I missed.  Including business magazines and marketing text books ! 


I have started doing my riyaaz everyday which transports me literally to another world.


My morning walks by the sea are a must now that revives me for yet another new wonderful day God has created.


I almost forgot to share something beautiful...my travel to one of the most enchanting countries the universe has to offer! ... Switzerland!



It is so small, yet so rich. I am so charmed by the fact that it is encased between France, Germany and Italy. The influence of each of these countries onto the one in question makes it so delightful. 

The sights, the sounds, the smells … in short it’s a treat for all the human senses including the sixth one!

I could safely term it as God’s own country. What is nature gifted and manmade is equally charming and wonderful.

The Swiss are a delightful lot, warm and welcoming just like their country.

The gourmet is a gastronomic delight.

One of my personal favourites was this petite lakeside village called Epesses. 

The water so pristine, the mountains so magnificent and snow capped, the air so fresh, the vineyards so luscious and green, the delightful red windows against the chocolate brown chalets, the cows so pleasant grazing peacefully, the lilting sound of the cow bells so clear and lovely, the greeting horn of the little yachts passing on the Lac Luhman (for the natives) a.k.a. Lake Geneva, the gorgeous flora in vagaries of shapes and colours in self exotic arrangement against the bay area , the walls protecting the little boats , the heather growing in abundance by the quay…I am short of breath with excitement.

 I grew up devouring Enid Blyton tales- five find outers, famous five…I could understand perfectly why she would have become a writer. I wished at that moment, I could paint the vast expanse of visual treat. 

I also wished I could compose a poem right then and set it to music and play in on the mandarin.

“What is this life full of care, we have no time to stand and stare”.

I stared so long and hard in the hope that the beauty of that enchanting place remains etched in a special place in my memory for eternity.







3 comments:

  1. Hey back with a bang! Your Swiss Experience is indeed a delight to read..As you rightly said, Switzerland is God's own country..Of all the places that I've visited up until now,Switzerland is by far the prettiest and the classiest.My personal favorite is the immaculate town of Interlaken..and the train ride from Lauterbrunnen right upto Jungfraujoch is simply mindblowing! I could go on and on..:)

    Did you visit other European countries as well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its nice to be back on familiar grounds......

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Ananhita ; Thanks a ton. I agree the train ride was another space man!It was too hot at that point in time and really wanted to escape the heat here! So it was 10 blissful Swiss Days:)...Keep visiting!

    @ Haddock ; I totally agree with you! Thanks for visiting...nice to see familiar friends too...

    ReplyDelete